Saturday, April 24, 2010

Encore from the musical tree, to celebrate arbor day!

Best Blogger Tips
Happy Arbor Day USA, Ok I know it’s a bit late, but ye should really make it a week like we have here in Ireland, that way I won’t miss it.
So another short and quirky post today as I have to go to work shortly. This post is for those of you who are (were) celebrating Arbour day.


This video is of a piece of music by Diego Stocco, a sound designer & composer, who creates eclectic musical experiences with custom built instruments and experimental recording techniques.
For this video, Diego said
In the garden of my house there's a tree with lots of randomly grown twigs. It looks odd and nice at the same time. One day I asked myself if I could create a piece of music with it.
Well here is your answer.
Personally I feel a bit sorry for the tree, but it is entertaining and worth a watch.



See more of Diego's crazy videos on his website www.diegostocco.com/

7 comments:

  1. Fascinating stuff! Thanks for sharing this ... it's opened up a whole new world ... something I've never contemplated before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me about this- certainly is really interesting- but I understand what you mean about feeling sorry for the tree!! I'll definitely have to make a link to it on treeaware

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tune! Now I may have it stuck in my head all day long lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, never seen, or heard, anything like it. How do people come up with things like this? Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunny, great post - I am very interested in garden-related or garden-inspired music and soundscapes. Love the music but agree with you - feel sorry for the tree - a nonconsensual collaborator! Keep up the quirk! cheers, catmint

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love garden decorations its really nice thing to share. It is really worth full.

    ReplyDelete